View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 10:31 PM   #224
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Re: Brent's '72 Custom/10 SWB stepside build

Aaargghhh!!! Why can none of these brake line companies get it right?!

Got the braided stainless hoses and clip set from Inline Tube today. The hoses are magnificent! But the clip set was built completely wrong! Wrong size bolts and clips with tabs -- and according to the tech I spoke with at IT, their own instructions on building the kit specify NO TABS (and no holes in the frame for said tabs)! That means I can't secure the brake lines, which means I can't really do anything else as I'm waiting until that's done to drop the engine and tranny onto the chassis.

So in the meantime, clips or no, I decided to install the hoses and connect the remaining lines. No problem until I got to the driver's side line that runs from the hose to the brass tee. I tried and tried to get the fitting started into the hose, and finally it dawned on me that it wouldn't start because the fitting was THE WRONG SIZE! So now I have to call "The Right Stuff" (a very misleading name!) tomorrow and try to get them to send me a new line. Obviously I won't get any of this stuff in time for the weekend, so it's another gorgeous weekend shot to hell. Needless to say, I'm not happy.

Maybe it's time to start prepping the bed wood kit....

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)
brossow is offline   Reply With Quote