View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 10:05 AM   #122
scoot_mcgrute

Re: 1966 C10 Project Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by siggyfreud View Post
Shoot me a PM if you're ever going to be in the FG area. Always welcome to stop by and check it out . If you're around often PM me and I'll send you my cell in case you want to swing by sometime.
Will do

I got the chance to work on the truck all weekend. While I didn't get to make progress on the things I wanted to, I was able to hammer out a bunch of little things that had popped up and I did get to hear it run! I still have to tinker with the alternator bracket and build my power steering adjuster bracket before I can run it for longer but hearing it run was definitely awesome!

Work was a little slow on Friday so I was able to break away from my desk for a few and hammer out the pieces I needed to hook my clutch pedal up to the master.

I had tapped one of them to 5/16-18 but needed 5/16-24, doh! I actually cut a section of the factory panhard bar to remake it, worked slick!

Linkage shot

Pedal is right in line with the brake pedal, much better for me

The lower radiator hose put up more of a fight than I thought. I spent easily half the day on Saturday just trying to find one that worked. Thought I had it but when I got home, it still didn't work. I had some 1.75 tubing laying around from an old project and had the perfect bend in it. Lucky!

Finished up, looks great! I did run a weld bead around each end to create a lip so the hoses don't slip off later.

Got the shocks on

Sunday night, I pushed it out of the garage to give it some fresh air and make room for the bed pieces. This is the first time it's been outside since March!

I did get a wild hare and fired it up too. I didn't have the belts on it so I only ran it for a short time. It seems to run great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e9-tnDUMeo

Yesterday, I worked on the bed and dad came by to help troubleshoot the clutch. He fixed some of it but it appears that the throwout bearing isn't 100% correct on the shift fork so looks like I get to pull the tranny and fix that.

Bed wood turned out great! I wish it had the holes in it but that's also looking like why this kit was cheaper than anywhere else. No biggie.