View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 10:45 AM   #91
gigamanx

Re: 1949 Chevy with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
the bottom of the center section of frame is level, you can measure up from the bottom, the top does sink in the footwell area for more room on the s10.

they dont make a 3" spindle, but you can chop one full turn off your stock springs and use a 2" spindle and get your 3" drop. my advice is to wait to cut the springs till you have everything mounted (engine, front clip) because s10s sometimes have a "lean" to the drivers side and taking an extra bit off the passenger coil is a good way to combat it.
I've tried to do every bit of cutting and measuring while the tires are on the ground and the engine is in. I hope that all I'll need is a few shims when its finally all back together to level things out. The picture is poor, but I'm using the running board to figure out the cab rake. It helps that whoever painted this last had painted it with all the body panels together, so the unpainted areas let me see where the panels used to sit together. Kind of a handy trick actually. With the running boards level with the ground, the cab was sitting about an inch too low in the rear.

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote