View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 12:30 PM   #127
slomotion
Old Duffer

Re: Why do you live where you live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Yeah. You moved when I was 1. My folks met at Maryland and Greenbelt was the first home before we moved out past Colesville toward Ashton. Woodmoor was on the East side of 29 north of University Blvd. It had a big sign. Look what I found:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...1vECkHAhNEq042

Funny you should mention that movie. In HS I dated Nancy Brady. By then we lived out in Howard County closer to here. She used to live in Sliver Spring in the neighbor hood across from Mrs. Kay's. I've been telling people about this date ever since. (Not this part>) She took me to her old house and we talked to her old neighbor. But the date for a movie we were going to see at the Silver Theater. (This part>) This was my "first" movie date and it was to see The "Last" Picture Show when it came out. I had no idea what it was going to be, she picked it out. But talking about a coming of age experience, it was all that, on the screen and off!
Cool clip!
I took two girls on two different dates to the Silver Theater to see "Picnic" with Kim Novack and William Holden. The first movie I ever saw there on my own (prior to my "dating" years,) was "Rock Around The Clock" with Bill Hailey (sp?) and his Comets.
If I remember correctly the railroad station was pretty close to the theater and a couple of us guys would go down there and "squish pennys" on the tracks when a train came through. Some of them spun off like tiddly winks and we never did find them.

'81 G10 Shorty Van

"Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." Will Rogers

"Under promise, then over achieve."
slomotion is offline   Reply With Quote