Thread: Good Times
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2020, 11:51 AM   #41
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Re: Good Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by '63GENIII View Post
Two "oh yeah" moments from this past weekend.

Getting finished setting up camp in the 100 degree heat and just finishing dinner in time to get one more beat run in on the little Sanger before dark.

The water was dead flat, no one on the lake, just my two kids and one friend in the boat on our way to get a "twilight" wakeboard set in. Out of the "no wake" zone, I opened it up to let her rip on the way to some of the best water that Ive come across in a long time.

She's a pretty bare bones but very capable wake boat rooted in Sanger's long history of flat bottom drag boats. When she's twisting 5,500 rpm, her racing DNA comes to the surface and its an ear to ear grin for dad!

The 1972 Sleek Craft jet in the right side of the photo is owned by a good friend who's father built two of them. He sold one to pay for the one he kept.

Side by side at idle, you can't even tell my boat is running. His sounds like a jet boat should. When we are side by side flat out, you can't tell who's is who's and although he gets out on me, its not much more than a crawl
I like that Sanger. And I like the Sleek Craft. I have a thing for jet boats.
There's one for sale up here. I don't know what it is because I've never stopped to look at it. I don't trust myself. I already have one broken boat. I don't need another so I just keep driving past it. It's been there a while so I figure it isn't going cheap. So that makes it easier to hit the gas and speed right by it.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote