View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 12:34 PM   #16
vintagesteel

Re: Is Nason a good clear coat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin58 View Post
Vintagesteel, I understand that and obviously it would be most likely be impossible for me to collect a warranty. But just to clarify I wasn't arguing or questioning your response. For most of us backyard painters, about the best thing we can do IS read the Tech Sheets and instructions. Unlike Pro's like yourself, we do this maybe once every few years. We don't have the ability to know what we're doing wrong. We're basically at the mercy of the person we buy our product from. Tips like you made above are what helps us go along and improve our skills. But until we get some of those tips, in general I'd say most of us rely on what's printed and tweak it if we find little pointers we learn from forums and Pro's helping us. To me as a backyard hobbyist, it's confusing enough trying to figure out all the ins and outs of paint products. Then when someone like DuPont sells a product meant not to be used with an activator but then adds that caveat in their Tech Sheet, it makes people like me even more confused.
this is what I HATE about computers! They are expresionless. I didn't think you were arguing. And like I said, I forgot about that being an option. Don't EVER be afraid to question someone. Nobody knows/remembers it all.
The activator will make a more durable product(according to DuPont) but I have seen/and shot Chromabase jobs that have lasted 15+ years with no activator. So I really don't know how they figure it's MORE durable. Me being a painter, would NOT activate it on my own project. I see no reason for the added expense.
Also, they write the tech sheets to cover their butts.
vintagesteel is offline   Reply With Quote