View Single Post
Old 01-28-2017, 12:46 PM   #11
RDrancher

Re: Impressed with our Burb!

After our last trip to town I figured I either had to park the Burb indefinitely or get some work done on it. The oil leaks were out of control and the engine miss was getting so bad that I could barely keep it running at stop signs. Besides those major problems, the steering wheel has turned into the sticky side of warm duct tape and the shocks are history, (just to name a couple of a hundred or so things.)

I should of gotten some of the repairs/mods done before we moved when I had a garage, but I didn't. So since I haven't gotten around to pouring the floor or installing electricity in my barn/shop...let's get out the tools and get some work done in the gravel. I'm a glutton for punishment.

Some of the goodies I'm going to finally install have been in my possession for quite awhile. The Weiand Action Plus intake and Summit 600cfm carb are two of them.

My stepson is a lot smaller than me (not to mention 40 yrs. younger). I can still kinda get in and work on it like this, but the result is...in my sig.

Rolling shop and workbench.

The Weiand was cheap and they cut a few corners...or more accurately SHOULD have cut at least one for the a/c bracket. Had to do a little grinding on the bracket.

And the alternator mounting hole was a good 1/4" away from the hole in the bracket. My washer mod doesn't look great, but it works.