View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 02:31 PM   #17
Tech @ BG

Re: Fuel system design

Quote:
Originally Posted by raveer2000 View Post
My plan is (2) -8 that Y into a -10 line. Flow through a -10 log filter and into an aeromotive pump. From there it is -10 all the way up to the next TEE fitting into a barry grant regulator and -6 out to 2 edelbrock 500 carbs. At the for mentioned TEE it will run into a small inline regulator and then it-8 all the way back to the return. 2 regulators is overkill I know but I can't stand the thought of dead heading this pump I have. Total price right at about $700 not including the pump. That was for all the fitting, lines, filter, and second small regulator. Believe it or not EBAY had some great deals on fittings.
You may want to change the 2 -8's into the 10 and pull one of the existing 8's out and replace it with the correct size. I'm not sure what aero recommend for their pump but on ours we run 1 size larger to the pump then what is going forward so the pump does not cavitate.

The other issue with the 2 -8's is with a high volume pump there is the chance for it to run one of the 8's dry and cavitate the pump or even lean the engine out.
Tech @ BG is offline   Reply With Quote