View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 11:24 PM   #1
eclipse85k10

1965 C20 Meets 1973 K20

Ok well this truck is a mismatched bunch parts from different years. It started out as a 1963 Chevrolet C20 with a 292 and a 4spd. My grandfather bought it in 1965 and used it to start his spray and fertilizer business. After years of carrying around chemicals the original bed and cab rotted out and the body swapping began. The cab was replaced with a 65 cab and flatbed.

So fast forward to my highschool years in the 90s, I got it as my first set of wheels and we found a bed for it from a 64 Gmc. The summer before my senior year we picked up a c10 with a "327" small block and swapped it. Later on after getting another truck my friend and I decided to pull the engine because the head gasket was leaking, the "327 turned out to be a 262 small block with heads from a 400 and a big cam.

My dad was unhappy that I ruined a running truck so it was no longer movable on its own power, so I sat for years behind his shop and work moved me to Reno. I liked the truck as a 2wd and had plans some day to build it up but i have so many other projects and have never gottan to it. After my dad finishing his last project a few years ago he decided to start on the 63-65-64 pickup when he acquired a donor truck, 1973 Chevrolet K20 from a friend.

So far my dad has started working on the body swap, I wish I was there to help him but I'm gonna fallow his build and he has been sending me pictures. He has removed both bodies and started to fit the 65 cab on the 73 frame.

Here is a few pictures of the progress and one of the 65 buired in snow behind the shop and the previous owner of the 73 kissing it goodbye who owned it for 20 years.
Attached Images

eclipse85k10 is offline   Reply With Quote