View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 11:52 PM   #6
eclipse85k10

Re: 1965 C20 Meets 1973 K20

Ok time for any update... First news is I'm being relocated back in Spokane, WA from Reno so I'll be there to get my hands on this project and also get you some better pictures with my camera.

So what he has so far, he has the body mounts tacked and the body on, the front clip is just mocked and the bed is also just mocked up and he found out that the wheelbase is longer than he measured, the rear tires are at the back of the fenders. So he is thinking the frame needs to be shortened 3inches. I'm trying to talk him into waiting and barrowing a plasma from my cousin and also doing an angle cut.

Here are some pictures of it. oh btw he was insistant on having it driveable to more around so there is a big of him driving it in the yard.

So I gotta come up with a name for this project. For a long time we called the truck "the 63" but when I got it in H.S. and realized the cab was a 65 with no knee knockers I called it "the 65" or the "green truck" Well I think we'll call it a 65 since the frame was the last of the original the 63 and I really dont want to repaint it that green so it needs a new name

Ok last thing... the last pic I just found got me excited about this truck being a 4x4. Only thing is I gotta convience the old man to let me swap out the axles. I want to put the 6lug 10bolts from my suburban with 3.73s under it for two reasons. I rather have 3.73s on it for better highway rpms and I want 6 lug so I can use my 15x8 rallys from my 85 K10.
Attached Images

Last edited by eclipse85k10; 09-01-2010 at 11:56 PM.
eclipse85k10 is offline   Reply With Quote