View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 06:09 PM   #3
JimDirt

Re: 58 Steering Box , Still Looking

Yea i have seen that box as it seems to be the most common , but its out of my price range to keep the rest of my build on track , which is why i need something more affordable

Question , does anyone know why a bottom arm box wont work and just have the arm point towards the outside of the frame so its in the same location as the stock arm , but just working from a different angle (instead of going thru the frame , its coming from underneath) , the pivot point would be about the same , has this been tried ?? (like a later model truck box or a car box ??) , i see 58-60+ Belair steering boxes for $150 on EBay brand new(reman) , if one of these would work it would solve my issues , i don't really care if its power steering or not , i just need a box that does not have slop and i can use with a modern tilt column , if its a TF box/column i will be cutting off the column anyway , so all i care about is something that will work without re-designing the steering

Everything i find on Google is for everything but a 58 , even LMC Truck , and places like that do not have a new/rebuilt box for a 58 , from what i am seeing the Toyota box is for the 49-55.1 trucks , i just dont get it , there has to be something that "fits" without re-designing the truck , and that does not cost more than $300+/-
JimDirt is offline   Reply With Quote