View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 01:43 PM   #10
JimDirt

Re: 58 Steering Box , Still Looking

Thanks for the reply and pictures Clarance J , the welding and drilling i don't mind so much , but it looks to be for the price , the kit is largely incomplete , so i guess once you add up the "extra" parts plus the box , its back to expensive again , besides the fact that i was not aware the kit puts the box way up front on the frame

All i want is for the steering box to not have slop , i wish they made a inexpensive "kit" to rebuild the stock box , or just a rebuilt box that does not use the column and does not cost $300+ , up to $300 is fine , but anything over that is not going to work for me

meter swinger .... for some reason , i was under the impression that this kit was supposed to mount in the "stock" location , not way up front on the frame , maybe i was thinking of another kit , but i seemed to remember seeing pictures somewhere, with the box being located where the stock box mounted , but to the outside of the frame , or in the stock location , but with just a tab welded on the top of the frame for the 3rd bolt or something , i thought it was this kit , but maybe there is another kit that requires less "add-ons" , and is more like i just described , it was like 1 tab , the Y looking part , and the link and then you just supply the steering box ...

Also , Clarance J , can i ask what brand/model headers those are ??
JimDirt is offline   Reply With Quote