View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 03:47 PM   #33
mr48chev

Re: Photobucket is pulling a fast one, so beware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintovka View Post
I wonder if Pinterest is buying pics from Photobucket. Hmm. Using a hosting service seems like a losing proposition. On many forums a link with just the words "picture attachment" now comes up instead of the pic. Always a dead link. With cheap 64 GB SDs why would anyone want to use photobucket?
I've used Photobucket for years to put albums together to share such as photos from car shows. I just show the trucks of interest to this board here but give the link to the album for those who want to see all the photos I took at the event. I haven't done one for the Goodguys Spokane show yet though. 350 photos at that event but only about ten that are on topic for this group.
One guy does have permission to use my photos on his website that he posts event coverage on.

I also put albums together with the photos I take myself or snag off the net to answer a question. Being on several different forums that lets me go back to a photo I already have to answer a question. I've probably used the photos of the 216/235 bellhousing VS the Cast iron V8 truck bellhousing ten times in the past year to answer the same question when it gets asked again.

I don't worry much about the scammer thing because they are going to dig up photos somewhere be it one I have or one someone else has. One just has to read between the lines and ask questions and ask for more and current photos of what ever they are trying to make you think they are selling. More often than not scammers answer a request for an item claiming to have it rather than offering an item up for sale with photos. Quick way to get rid of them is to just say "hey I have a buddy close to where you are, I want to have him stop by and look at the item. An honest guy hopes you send your buddy the money to pay for it an your buddy has to deal with getting it to you. A scammer comes up with a lame reason why your buddy can't go look at it.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote