Thread: The NOS blues
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 11:57 PM   #1
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

The NOS blues

If you've approached it to some extent you probably know all about it. Especially chrome.

Anyway, my challenge has been a LH paint separator. Thanks to a board member I have a pair refinished to perfect, and no doubt I'm using them. Thing is, I've had an NOS RH divider for years, and a matching pair would be nice. Nothing personal to potential sellers. Three strikes and I'm out:

1st attempt: It came with the RH paint separator as well, and both had big(&*^ matching dents that occurred during shipment. The seller wasn't happy, which made two of us. They were perfect.

2nd attempt: Came in a nice shipping tube. Shot in the dark here....the tube was too short and the trim was bent up to fit. Messed up both ends.

3rd attempt: Okay, I'm stumped on this one. The package has the right part number, but from my "angle" this is not what came in the package. My only GUESS is this piece is for another Chevy, not a 67-72 per the part number. For what it's worth, the package was opened. See images. Any input welcome.
Attached Images

71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote