Thread: The "Ole 69er"
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 11:10 AM   #75
jmorri34

Re: The "Ole 69er"

Well made it back safely with the truck and shes home in the garage. Nothing like 1100 mile trio and ending back up in the same place you left all in the same day... LOL... Phew I didnt think we'd ever get home. The old truck is definately solid and the suspension and brakes are great. Interior is going to have to be gutted and I'm going to rewire the whole truck which is all stuff I knew from before so no worries. Truck is definately a 30-30 truck 30 feet at 30 miles per hour, gonna have a whole ton of sanding to do, paint is aweful!!So anyway I am happy overall but have a whole slew of work ahead of me. trans pan is leaking and the engine has a dead hole (hope all 8 have compression) and its only a tune up and timing issue. Now to start this process and remember it is a project and to break it down into pieces and not get overwhelmed with all the work that needs to be done and remember that it is a fun thing and not a burdensome thing. Wish me luck everyone and yes I will be taking lots of pics along the way so anyone whos watching if you have any tips or see me doing something wrong please dont hesitate to let me know. Its been a LONG time since I have worked on classic vehicle so bear with me it could be turbulent!!!
jmorri34 is offline   Reply With Quote