Thread: S10 Swap how to
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 01:23 AM   #423
joedoh

Re: S10 Swap how to

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952ssr View Post
I have a question concerning wheel size and back spacing. I know most people run 2 inch spacers up front and swap to a 4X4 rearend as I did on "FRED". On my new build I am really considering going with Detroit steel or Coys new c33 smoothies, if I have figured/measured right I can have 4.5 backspacing on a 9 or 10 inch wide wheel (for a deep outside lip) and not run any spacers or swap out my rearend. Thanks for your help fellers.

I didnt run spacers on my GMC, and dont plan to on the 49. I didnt even switch to a 4x4 rear on either. backspacing is the key, like you said. I used 0 offset fronts (7" wide 4" backspace) and -12 offset rears (8" wide 4" backspace) and they looked just right.

if you call mobsteel spend some time talking to them about exactly what you want. and if you have seen an AD with mobsteels tell them, they keep excellent records of who they sold to and for what application. I ordered some for my friend and mentioned the truck with mobsteels he was trying to emulate, they knew the widths and backspacing and even the front and rear axle widths of the truck. then he said the caps wouldnt fit without modfying them and sent a fedex call tag to pick up the caps, modified them, and sent them back with the wheels. I havent had a better experience with a company before that or since.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote