Thread: Dream shop?
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2020, 12:27 AM   #18
cornerstone

Re: Dream shop?

I scored some more structural steel today. I bought four more 7” wide x 14” tall x 5/16 thick 20 foot long I beams, used but straight. They came from a demolished bridge. Best price I managed to find for new steel was about $3500. I scooped these up for $540. I’ve bought from this outfit in the past also. It’s called Repurposed Materials, and they have all kinds of cool stuff. I have no affiliation with the business, but thought you guys might benefit from what they do. They have several locations. The last time I went there I ended up with nearly 5000 feet of high quality 3/4” rope still on the spools. I think I paid 80 bucks? I may make a rope bridge just for the fun of it.

I feel better about this project now that I don't plan on covering up the roof with a few feet of dirt. I believe it will be way stronger than I will ever need. I hope to start preparing the area and marking out where my piers need to be dug out. I plan to use my tractors 3 point pto post hole digger attachment to take out most of the dirt.
Attached Images

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.

Last edited by cornerstone; 03-03-2020 at 12:50 AM. Reason: added pictures
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote