View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 12:37 PM   #50
Lost81c10

Re: 85 C10 "Rob Peter to Pay Paul" 5.3 Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1nova71 View Post
It's got 155k on it, it isn't going to look brand new. Since it was your Suburban, you should know better than anyone how well it ran. If it ran good then put it in and go with it, then if you have an issue down the road, take care of it then, but worrying about every little detail will most likely cost you more and could lead to you getting burned out on the project.
No you're exactly right on all that.

I guess more than anything I wanted to get a feel for what all that shows meant and if it were obvious sings hat it was bout done. I am hoping that I can get another 50k out of it just the way it looks in there before anything is needed.

Now that was or better yet, it is still the plan and for exactly the same reason you mention, I don't want to dump a lot of money in it only to get burned out before it is done. I have seen lots of high build threads that just went cold.

As far as the engine, its true, it was running good and no noticeable issues other then the codes for knock sensors. So we'll continue plowing ahead.

thanks a lot.
Lost81c10 is offline   Reply With Quote