View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 05:24 PM   #41
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

Invisible wheels are now gone. Finally decided on the tires and had them mounted. Borrowed a trailer load of already bagged sand from a buddy and proceeded to load the frame per my calcs. Initially, I had a 3.5" spacer between the the cab and the frame on all four corners. Once the frame was loaded, I ended up adjusting the front of the cab up 1.5" and the rear of the cab up 0.75" for the current and hopefully the final stance. Goal here is to utililze all of the factory geometry and not buy additional lowering hardware.

Note that the hood is now in place. The only concern now is whether or not the top of the stock LS on stock Trailblazer V-8 motor mounts will hit the cross bracing. I have about 15" to 16" from the cross bracing down to the top of the in-line 6 motor mounts. If I used the old carb'd 305 I have in the garage, I will need up to 19" of clearance. LS, I hope, is much shorter. I notice some guys remove the cross bracing. This may be an option. If not, looks like there is room to lower the entire drivetrain. I will start searching for LS dimensions since I don't own one yet.

The front wheel location is correct to my eye. After studying the back, I decided not to stretch the frame but to tighten the gap between the bed and the cab. The current photos are as the truck would look if we pull it off. May cheat the front wheel back 0.25" in the wheel opening to help.
Attached Images

dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote