View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 12:08 PM   #24
Kyle@FTP

Re: Prototype center speaker holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Cole View Post
Kyle, great product!

I am interested in buying one of these but I have a couple of questions.
Does the adhesive dry clear? (I am thinking about adhesive oozing into the opening where it would be visible)

Adhesive is black, If properly installed there should be no extra coming up through the vent slots. If it does happen you have a few minutes to wipe it off with a clean rag.

How do you keep it in place while the adhesive dries?

The adhesive has a 15minute work time and I usually let it sit over night before putting the speakers on. But I run a zip tie around the center of the speaker plat and the center of the grill. Then you can also run zipties through the defrost holes for a little added holding. Its the best method that I have found.

What is the best method to gain access for installation? Do you go through the glove box area or remove the instrument panel?

I have been able to lay under the dash and get direct access to the speaker grill area. You may need to pull the radio. like most projects, the more access the easier the job will be.

Is it easier to mount the speakers and connect the wiring before or after the plate is installed?

I would highly recommend you wait 24 hours for the adhesive to properly cure before installing the speakers.
Thanks!!
Answers are above. If you have any further please let me know. I am currently sold out. But I will have new plates in this week for assembly and should be ready to ship by mid week.

Kyle
Kyle@FTP is offline   Reply With Quote