View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 01:37 AM   #819
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: post up your camping pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldawg142 View Post
don't need to tell me, we were fire banned
most of last yr, worst yr we ever had for burning, fires even cut our holidays short last yr. close to 3 mil acres and 600 houses got burned.
Elephant Hill fire was over half a mil acres and took out over 200 houses and burned for 76 days before it got under control
were coming off 5 straight days of rain, no danger at all, plus there is a creek less than 50 feet behind us, and that 5 gal pail is already full of water. we are quite aware of fire danger in BC. our dry season will be starting soon, but we're not there yet.
it's not like i'm going to go do this when the bush is tinder dry.
behind this road blocking log jam is.....
Attachment 1798267

....this creek...
Attachment 1798269

and to think there is actually people out there that don't think we're warming our climate burning 50 million barrels of oil everyday.........
I didn't mean to come off like you couldn't do what you were doing. It sure looked a lot more damp than we've had here in a long time so it's much safer. I was just highlighting the difference of what I saw this weekend in comparison. We couldn't start a campfire as most of our state is in a stage 2 fire ban. No open fires, no charcoal grills, no fireworks on the 4th of July.

We were light on snow last winter so what normally starts in late July/August was in full boil by early June.
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote