View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 03:56 PM   #11
C/10 King

Re: Possibly the holy Grail...... '70 Jimmy Custom 2 Wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by briank View Post
Thats a beauty ...whats the history on it? I have a 70 jimmy ,but 4wd from southern california. I was also lucky to have the same paperwork that you got.
An estates sale find in Los Angeles Ca., same owner 46 years, a friend of mine who used to be photographer for "Classic Trucks" magazine picked up from a friend of his,...... "G" contacted me a few days before last Christmas about what he had recently picked up, he knew it was rare but not knowing "how" rare it was, after I educated "G" he nonchalantly asked me if I was interested in buying it, he told me what he had into it and said he really wanted to make sure it went to go to a good home and that it wasn't a money thing, he offered to me what we both considered to be a fair price and not really a big profit on his side, so on Christmas eve 2017 I became the proud owner...... and what was sooooo freakin cool is when it was all said and done (paid for) and I told him my plans by keeping it stock, only changing the wheels from a dog dish cap to a full cap with a 1.6 white wall to making it look more like a 2 wheeler and also keeping everything as it is on the SPID.... he smiled and replied "It's not a money thing" and gave me some change back (and not a few bucks either) from our agreed upon price and also said "have a good Christmas" ..... How cool is that?
1971 Short Fleet
1970 Jimmy Custom 2 WD "Golden Ticket"
1972 Blazer 2 WD "Retro Blaze"

Last edited by C/10 King; 02-14-2018 at 09:02 PM.
C/10 King is offline   Reply With Quote