View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 11:21 PM   #342
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

At last years swap meet I bought a new battery tray as I knew the one in the WMB wasn't in very good condition. As the radiator is out I dug the new tray out of the mess-0-stuff in the garage and took advantage of the timing. When I went to remove the battery I saw that it wasn't bolted in which was odd as I am big on that. However once I lifted the battery clear it was obvious why it was loose. The tray was now broken in two. After removing the six bolts (that were barely snug) the tray came out in two pieces. Once again another PO modificaion was evident. They cut the side on the fender end and bent it down flat. Probably to allow a bigger battery to fit and to allow me the pleasure of cutting my finger on the jagged edge they left from the sawsall. I will have to do a little rejigging of the one mount for the overflow tank but nothing to major. Unfortunately I ran out of daylight and just after the photos got taken the dry weather ended, so the new one didn't get installed today. But I am happy that the new tray is the correct one. I bought it on memory and faith the guy selling it was correct as to what it fit.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote