View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 02:05 PM   #51
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67c10rustbuket View Post
hmmm. That is NOT the original rocker panel, it should be spot welded to the inner rocker across the bottom and it looks like it is either taller than the inner rocker or the inner has been trimmed up when they removed the old rocker but it looks like they drilled out the old spot welds where you see all those holes across the bottom. the front looks decent but you will see the real story once you take the rocker off. i would say just the rear half but i dont want to judge it without seeing the "a pillar". that is the lower front section of the pillar that is hiding behind the front of the rocker. It still looks better than what I started with. Surprised it isn't worse for a NYer land of the rusty trunk lid.
Thanks! I did notice the outer rocker was replaced. And it does not look to me like they did a good job of it. It looks like it was placed over the pillar instead of attached to it. I will have to order a new outer rocker panel and then see what the deal is. I don't want to cut off the current one until I have a new one to size up.

The front of the cab floor looks okay to me as well, although the middle does have those holes in it where you could see the light shine through. I think I will probably go for the whole floor section. At least this way, I will know it is all solid, even if it is more work.

I'll send more pics when I start to take it apart.
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote