View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 07:27 AM   #78
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside BILLYBOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post
The 350 emblems are not original, and the best way to identify the engine is to run the Engine Block numbers. The number is located on the Driver's Side behind the Cylinder Head on the block itself. You should be able to do a quick search of Small Block Chevy Engine Casting Numbers and find an easy cross reference.
Thanks for that Don.

Will do when I get Up close and personal over the weekend again.

In the mean time.....

Lube her (him) up, its gonna be a long ride.

I have to admit, this post/question is partly because I just stopped for a quick caffeteria coffee (overpriced, average taste) while working. 12.10 in the UK. So lunch time.

As part of my taking ownership of the truck, I am going through systems one by one to ensure a base line I can work from.

So headlights are still not sorted but may be over the weekend when I investigate deeper into switches etc.

The other big baseline I like to create is grease points and lubrication.
So I will do a fluids and filters exchange for new in the next week or two as time comes available.

My question is this......

Is there a diagram or "map" that shows all the grease nipples etc?
I do not want to just crawl in under the truck and pump the ones in sight full of grease. On my old Transit there were a couple on the rear diff area that were "around the corner, on top" and not visible, so if you did not know about them, you would or could miss them.

I want to get my pressure cleaner into the engine compartment and under the engine to remove some of the old oil, dirt, dust n grease before refreshing it all.

The truck will be doing a 500mile/800km trip towing the teardrop mid August, so this has to be done in my book.

As always, any tips and advice as well as pitfalls and shortcuts will be appreciated.
Posted via Mobile Device
Grizz1963 is online now   Reply With Quote