View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 02:46 PM   #1
MASTERBrian

Electric Choke Positive Wire

I've been trying to figure out the best way, if that exists, to wire up my Eddy electric choke positive wire.

I've read ignition on wires, tap into about anything on that circuit. Fuse block would obviously be the best, not sure a space exists though....I'll double check later. The other are wipers, heater, etc... Problem is those are likely very small gauge wire so I worry they won't support both items.

I've also read oil pressure switch, well I have a one wire switch. It looks nothing like the 3 wire ones I see people using.

Then there is tapping into the field? wire on the alt. I believe that is the one that goes to the idiot lamp. I am in process of running that wire, so once in the cab, it would be easy enough to create this relay. I have noted to run 18 gauge wire for that circuit, but I'm using 16, so is that enough to create this circuit if I so choose? Is 16 enough? Most things say 10amp fuse on the choke, so I'd think 18 is plenty, but most of my wire is 16 or heavier.

I have found on my panel, and I'll get a picture and upload in a while to see if anyone can confirm or not, a spot on factory fuse panel that is marked AC. My guess is that would be an option.

Problem I have is I'm not real familiar with the electrical on this as to what works and doesn't at this point. The truck was DOA when I got it, but it appeared most of the lighting, horn, etc worked. Wipers, not so much and so unsure of the rest and I'm in process of bolting it back together as we speak so hopefully soon I can start testing circuits again.
Attached Images

MASTERBrian is offline   Reply With Quote