View Single Post
Old 10-03-2022, 09:46 PM   #5
JohnIL

Rear Spring Lift Block Installation

I mentioned in my opening post that installed a set of lift blocks to raise the rear end of the truck. I know what you're thinking. Coil spring lift blocks are a REALLY bad idea. But, these blocks are different, I swear! The previous owner replaced all four coil springs with new lowering springs from LMC (2" up front, 3" out back). This left the truck dragging it's tail. Some guys go for that look, but it's not my style. I'm OK with lowering the whole truck a couple of inches to improve the center of gravity, but I like the forward rake of the original stance. Luckily, I found a company called McBay Performace that makes billet aluminum spacers that install between the trailing arm and the bottom of the coil spring. And, because of the way the rear spring is bolted down solid between the trailing arm and the spring retaining cup, the spacer is 100% captive and doesn't add any additional flex to the suspension. The spacers are available in 1/2' increments from 1/2" all the way up to 3". I opted for the 1 1/2" spacers. This gives the truck an over all 2" front drop and a rear 1 1/2" drop. A 1" spacer would probably be better for a short bed, but with the long bed, I felt like it needed the extra 1/2" to set the rake back the way it belongs. Here's a link to the spacers if anyone is interested in a set.

https://mcbayperformance.com/rear-bi...et-gmc-trucks/
JohnIL is offline   Reply With Quote