View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 11:07 PM   #10
foamypirate

Re: LY6 6.0 into an '85 C10 Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTork View Post
No, I plan on keeping it somewhat simple and getting rid of the VVT. I cannot wait to get it in there and drive it. What are your plans for the swap in your truck?
Posted via Mobile Device
Personally, I'd find it simpler to leave the VVT in. The computer is already setup to control it, and it's already there. Why tear into a motor and forfeit the benefits of VVT? If you have a cam swap in your future, it would be easy to remove it at that time, if you wish.

My plan is to keep VVT on my LY6. I'll be installing a Mast VVT cam later on; hard to pass up a strong bottom end and still being able to rev it out and make gobs of power. I've heard the LY6 will crank out about 410HP with headers and a tune. I'm also planning on running a 6L80E. I'll be doing my harness through Speartech, as they have experience with tuning the E38 ECMs and 6L80E transmission computers. The primary reason I want the 6L over the 4L is the gear ratios. My truck currently has 3.08s out back, and I'd rather not change them out. With the 6L, I have that deep ~4:1 first gear to get me moving, but I'll have an awesome cruise RPM with the double ODs and 3.08s. I *may* gear up to a 3.23 if I don't find the combination pleasing off the line.

Last edited by foamypirate; 09-18-2010 at 11:10 PM.
foamypirate is offline   Reply With Quote