Thread: Bare Metal Look
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 04:07 PM   #6
dsraven

Re: Bare Metal Look

my opinion, and this means zip, is that when you spend all that time getting it to fit etc why not finish it with a nice smooth paint job? I am old school though and, when I was a young guy trying to get the car and make it fast, I concentrated on getting the underside right. the body was coming along for the ride the way it was. that was when I only had enough cash to do one or the other. I sure did want it to look like a show car, I just didn't have the money. nowadays, I do things slow enough so I could probably fund my project by picking bottles along the highway, haha.
I get it when guys primer their ride and drive it like that for a bit after a major rebuild or a frame swap. it is to ensure they covered all their bases and there won't be any mods to do after a fresh paint job. eventually they paint if that's what they want. I just don't get the flat paint thing though. a nice expensive car or truck that is perfectly straight but covered in flat black or green has absolutely no appeal to me. but, I don't own the vehicle either. that's what hotrodding is about. guys do what THEY like, not what everybody else likes. the other day I seen (2) cadillac escalades at a dealer, one was flat green and the other had some flat color changing paint on it. both with huge chrome rims and verrrry low profile tires. they had the stock stance otherwise. even my wife commented on how goofy it looked. the color changing paint looked cool but out of place.
at the end of the day it is your truck and your money. if you like it in the naked look then do it that way and be proud to drive it. just have an answer when you get asked when you will finish it or what color you will paint it, lol.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote