View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 04:33 PM   #92
NewType72

Re: Great Grandpa's Legacy reborn

Well I'm sure as some of you may have noticed that the pictures on the thread are currently missing soon to be fixed by our wonderful admin Liz (thank you!) I made a boo boo and deleted the folder containing all of the build photos for the Great Grandpas Legacy DOH! Folder is fixed now and they should be in their respective places soon enough so I'm gonna go ahead into the next story of the build we had earlier this year.

We found a very cheap, drive home, complete SWB pickup on Craigslist to which my father will probably argue as one of his sons greatest negotiations of "getting bottom dollar and making the poor guy tuck his tail" all I say is we wanted the truck and had cash in hand so we got it anyway truck had to make three or four pit stops driving home with water spewing from the radiator on multiple occasions, she just couldn't hold a cold temp at all the port thing. But finally with much perseverance we got her home a 79 Heavy Half true swb find. Our big plan from the beginning was to find a frame and knock all of the old gear from above and below and build our air ride from the collected parts BUT! As well all know nothing seems to go as planned in the hot rod business and we found some very well hidden permanent issues with the front clip on this poor truck. She was just too far gone from what we felt was worth our trouble. We could make it right but why bother if we have the capabilities to make a true straight LWB frame a SWB and be that much more confident with it? No brainer for sure but we did at least manage to get a bed in the process so she's not a complete loss. Here's some progress photos of this whole ordeal.

If anyone's lookin for a cab/front clip, and rolling frame she needs to go! Turbo 400 may need to go as well for the right price

- Dylan
(209)-985-7721
NewType72 is offline   Reply With Quote