View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 12:43 PM   #49
kustombrad

Re: Project "49 No Buck$"

Now the seat was a little different, but it seems to work well. I scored a middle seat out of an Astro van on it's way to the wrecking yard (FREE!) after someone on the HAMB said it was the right size. Good call, it fits very nice! After setting it inside to see the height of it, I knew it had to come down. I measured from the bottom of the seat cushion itself to the top of the factory mount and took around 3 1/2" off all the way around with a sawzall. Now the mount sits flat on the floor, cushion resting on the factory mount. I used a piece of 1/8"x2" angle iron and after drilling 3 holes for the grade 8 7/16" bolts, we welded the angle in everyspot we could to the bottom of the seat bracket. After it was centered and holes drilled in the floor, I took the seat out and using a 4" cutoff wheel, I removed the factory bracket. After grinding it smooth, it should look fine with some carpet covering everything up. I'll use a piece of 1/8"x 2" strap the length of the seat bracket underneath to bolt it to the floor. I'm 5'11" and I'm comfortable with the layout so far.

Last edited by kustombrad; 12-15-2009 at 09:22 PM.
kustombrad is offline   Reply With Quote