View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 11:30 AM   #2
Sixball

Re: Hard Starting Problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Already Gone View Post
After 2 years I finally got this 1992 Burb 4 x4 with the TBI 5.7 engine from an estate. The Burb sat for 3/4 years before I bought it. It runs and drives great but have one annoying issue. I've had a few GMT400's with the 5.7 TBI engine and they start within 5 seconds of turning the key. This Burb wont start on the first try after cranking for 15 or so seconds. On the second crank it fires up after 5 seconds. I've changed the plugs, fuel filter and it has tank of fresh gas and runs smooth as silk once it starts. Oh yea it only has 156,000kms ( 96000 miles ) on it and has never pued anything as there is no hitch. Anyone got an idea what hard starting probem could be as its super annoying.

Check out my thread below "intermittent hard starting / rough idle". I recieved some good advice in that thread. I replaced the Coolant Temp Sensor and only had 2 hard starts since (but I had some weird wiring too). $12 and about 10 minutes to replace that sensor. Hopefully that's all it will take for yours too
Sixball is offline   Reply With Quote