View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 11:27 PM   #58
burnin oil

Re: Anti-theft devices ideas and suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Skier View Post
Now that's an idea I haven't seen before. I also like the BrakeLock idea. I've seen some generic ones on summit before but I don't know how long it would hold pressure, it may bleed back through eventually.

The stuff I've done to mine I know will slow someone down. I would bet any of us could look at another member's truck that has a secret and have a least a little trouble getting it going.
You can't use those. They are only designed for racing and the solenoid will melt after a short period of time. You need the actual Micro-Lock that has a lever on it. These are 100% mechanical and activate by pushing the brake pedal down and then flipping the arm. Acts just like having your foot on the pedal. I got one out of a junk yard that I want to look into hooking into my front brakes for winching operations since I have a manual trans.

Micro-Locks are still available new but are around $400 now since they had to add a bunch of stupid safety things to them. They are also no longer legal for instalation as an emergency brake since a hydraulic failure would render it useless. You used to see them alot on medium duty trucks like the power companies bucket trucks.
burnin oil is offline   Reply With Quote