View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 01:54 PM   #2
Z16

Re: GM 3100 bad head gasket???

If it's intake, there wouldn't be pressure in the cooling system. That means combustion pressure is getting into the coolant. Oil can suck in from under the intake during the intake stroke, so that explains the milky coolant. 3.1s are known for cracked heads as well, but with oil in the coolant, I would say head gasket. With oil getting in the coolant, I would say there's a good chance of the head being warped as well. I believe the spec on a 3.1 is .002" warp, but I like to resurface every time I do head gaskets. Only other cause would be a cracked block, but highly unlikely
98 GMC Sierra Ex Cab, cowl hood, Euro LED lights, 30 bar billet, Whipple Supercharged 350 Vortec: Forged flattops, E-Tec aluminum heads, Comp Cam, Scat crank and rods, Granatelli Mass air flow, Headers, Flowmaster exhaust , Complete MSD Ignition, Custom Tuning, intake spacer , ported throttle body, AC Delco port injection upgrade, Roller Rockers, Power Pulleys. Gear Vendors Overdrive. Soon to hit a dyno. 2/4 drop(for now).

95 Chevy S-10 Ex Cab 4.3 5 Speed 2/3 drop, Euro lights, billet grill, More to come. The Daily Driver
Z16 is offline   Reply With Quote