View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 10:06 AM   #25
68speedalert
Semi-Senior Member

Re: Heater core water hose routing

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcos View Post
Yes...the hoses are hot. The air is not cold. It is certainly warner that 9 degrees...and it keeps the cab from freezing...but I should be cooking myself out of the cab the way these things heat...and that is what I want.

So I think it is the core...and I will clean the blend door and make sure it all works well...heck it is 35 years old in a few months.

Tim
Check the hoses with the blower on high. If they are still both hot, you've GOT to have some kind of blend door problem or air not going thru the box correctly.

I guess in theory, your heater core could be letting the coolant bypass the actual core, because of a hole in the side tank......I've never seen that in a LOT of years of wrenching.......

You say you have a manual....I'm not sure if it's there, but later model manuals will show how the air is directed thru the box; showing how the blend door passes it thru the core (for heat) or bypasses it to get cooler air from the outlets.

It sounds like your gonna do the core, not a bad thing for it's age. Try to look at all the stuff when it's apart, looking for any holes or gaps in the system.

good luck

Steve
'95 GMC K1500 Extended cab

Last edited by 68speedalert; 01-21-2007 at 10:07 AM.
68speedalert is offline   Reply With Quote