View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 11:24 PM   #31
88lowrider

Re: 1988 k2500 defrost problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88lowrider View Post
Wow, can't thank you enough. I searched and searched and never could find anything like this...

I stopped by the radio shop today and the fellow showed me how to remove the stereo as so to get behind the dash were that thing is.

I will let you know what I find :-)
Thanks again ChevyTech !!!
I think I need to take this back to my own thread and not be robbing this one.
Quick like, got the stereo and glove box out, checked the blue wire voltage, on low, 2.593 volts, on Hot, .638 volts, used a hose and made a Steth-a-hose and I could here that door motor working. No crunching or stripping gear sounds, then once it got to the end, clunk and stopped. Went back the other direction, same thing.
Then went to the air conditioner. Very cold air coming out on Low temp, moved it to High and noticed it was not as cold. I am guessing the door is working.
Reason I think it is was because I went out, put the fluke inferred on the thermostat housing, 178 degrees (can't seem to find a accurate thermostat, have tried three so far).
Then the stupid on my part. I forgot to check the heater hoses for heat

Found the hose at the radiator, quite cooler than expected, then felt the one coming off the back of the intake manifold, pretty warm but I had put on a "T" flush valve quite some time ago and well, once I felt on the other side, it was cool.

So, either I have a plugged line or the heater core might be plugged.
I will try to back flush it and see what comes out.
Oh, the radiator fluid level was above the heater hose line that comes in to it.

My fault, not checking the simple stuff first, sorry.
Helmar
88lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote