View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 11:44 PM   #370
1971_c10

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellaciousA View Post
I was curious which rear brake setup do you have from no limit? I have the floater rear end and the wilwood caliper no limit gave me is a single piston unit with an integrated parking brake. I have 6 piston calipers up front and I'm worried about brake bias issues given the large difference is piston sizes.
Hey man, I've got the 12.88" rotors and 4 piston calipers. Most likely your rear brake setup is just fine. Don't get too hung up on the 4 piston rears vs a single piston rear. Couple things ... the front still does most of the braking and the difference in piston area from the 4 piston to the singe piston probably isn't as big as it sounds. The 4 pistons in the back are pretty small. I went that route as for the non-floater rear end, it was either an 11" rotor/single piston or a 12.88" (or 14") rotor with the 4 piston caliper. The 11" setup was probably enough, but I wanted the rotor to fill the wheel a little more with my 18s so I went with the 12.88" for aesthetics.

And since I haven't been around in a while, here's a recent shot from my instagram account @c10cj

Name:  C10CJ_FEF_8Feb19_small.jpg
Views: 980
Size:  63.7 KB

Build Thread for my '71 Pro-Touring: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722029
My C10 has it's own facebook page! www.facebook.com/c10cj - it is a public page so no facebook account required to browse through.
1971_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote