View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 10:10 PM   #11
BMERDOC

Re: I Found the Magic Button!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevLoRay View Post
So, when we completely disassembled the chassis, I made sure to keep each of the shim packs and associated parts in separately labeled bags. From what you wrote, it would seem that maybe it could be put back together differently, regarding the shims.

After my truck was lowered (ECE) 2.5 up front and 4.0 in back, I took it to a good friend to align. It drove great and I am hesitant to reassemble it differently, yet I know that having it completely apart and reassembling it may mean that it won't be the same. I also feel that it would need to be put back on the alignment machine, but I'm just trying to get it close enough that it could be driven w/o destroying the tires in a short distance.
To put it simply I drove my truck for a while with NO shims in it until I had time to get back to it. One of the pictures I showed was with no shims. Caster is a "none wearing angle" and the camber was under -1.0° so I was confident I was not going to see abnormal wear from excessive angles. If you pull them out it should not effect it. The only thing that would effect it is the change in toe from pulling the shims before aligning it but depending on your alignment your tires should not be smoking on the way to the shop.

If you are rethinking your alignment now after seeing my thread dont fret. Don't take anything apart until you have it back at the shop. Have your Aligner pull all the shims and start from there.
Attached Images

2WD C10 Modern/Performance Alignments
Easiest Alignment Ever!
BMERDOC is offline   Reply With Quote