View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #16
BMERDOC

Re: I Found the Magic Button!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66 C10 383 View Post
BMERDOC - thanks for sharing all the info you are as to how to make these trucks handle with a better alignment. I'm currently updating my suspension from the stock 66 C10 to the 73-87 spindles, steering linkage along with power steering and it will be dropped somewhere around 1.5" - 2" with a stock spring cut 1 coil and 2.5" spindle. I'll also do the castor mod while it's apart, I'm shooting for about .75" forward. So, nowhere close to a stock C10 setup.

Although I won't know what exactly to tell the guy who aligns it, I'll be able to refer back with the specs as to whether it's right, close enough, or needs more work.

Thanks for the shared knowledge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koffer View Post
I wish I could find someone local who could do alignments on older stuff around here . I don't trust anyone as they are all $29.95 "haven't got a clue, was fired from Burger king last week master front end tech"
I need to replace the front upper control arm frame brackets soon and know finding an shop to aline it when I'm done is going to be the worst part of the job
Good luck to you guys in finding a shop that is willing to do a good job! I mean that. As much as I hate to refer them, I know a lot of Goodyears and Firestones use the same Hunter machine that I use. You'd just have to find one that is willing to work with you on your project. I will also say that you should go somewhere like Harbor Freight to buy your own shim kit to provide them with. They are $10 a kit and your Aligner will have nice, new and clearly marked shims to use instead of trying to stack some old ones out of a bucket or reusing your old crusty ones. I forgot to give credit to Jonathan (VA72C10). He donated a new HF shim kit to this project.
2WD C10 Modern/Performance Alignments
Easiest Alignment Ever!
BMERDOC is offline   Reply With Quote