View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #4
63burban4x4

Re: blown heater core

Thanks for your opinions.
1st tech, (about 20 years experience in a Chevy dealership, before GM pulled the franchise in 2009) tried reprograming the computer several times, eventually replaced the LEFT blend door actuator.

2nd tech (owner of very sucessful shop for 30+ years) checked voltages, as you describe, first thing. When everything checked out fine, and knowing the blend door actuator had already been replaced, suspected problems with the BCM, as the truck had exiibited prior problems with that computer. He happened to have one from a wreck on his shelf (probably explains the air bag problem) and decided it would be a good idea to install this in my truck as a loaner, and send mine out for bench check, and reprogram or repair if needed. He ALWAYS planned to reinstall my BCM. This IMMEDIATELY fixed the A/C problem, and it was fine for several months, at least. Meanwhile, he suffered some serious medical issues, was hospitalized, and out of work for about 6 weeks. During this time, the A/C problem returned. Now that he is back at work, and aware the problem is back, he indicated he thinks it could have a fitment problem with the door itself. We simply haven't had a chance to take it apart yet to check, as this is my work truck, and he's also waiting for the computer to come back from the vendor.
I would hardly call either of these techs "lazy mechanics"

thanks again.
63burban4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote