Thread: 75 Dually build
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #14
75Dually

Re: 75 Dually build

Today was a half day in the shop. I wanted a full day, but noooo.... First of all I hate plumbing!!! I had to fix our bathroom faucet. After I bought a new one at Home Depot and got it home I opened the box and found out it was broken!!! So back to Home Depot I went... Did I mention that I hate plumbing!!!

Once I got to the shop I finished up the rear bed mounts. I will be making up the upper frame later in the week once I can get to the steel house and buy more 1X1 stock.

I have decided tonight that I am going to have a raised wooden bed. At first I was going to reuse the stock metal bed, but even though it is in really good shape it will be just too much work. I have a very good friend who is a cabinet maker in town and I will get him to cut me the planks. He always has some stunning wood around for his customer builds, so I am sure that he can find me some really cool stuff for this build.

By the way I have the ugliest tailgate in town! Maybe in all West Texas! I picked this thing up last year in Amarillo for $25. It is actually in good shape and just needs the old paint stripped and some body work done. Only slight surface rust so It should not be that difficult to make the ugly duckling into a swan...
Attached Images

75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote