View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #19
chevy_man5
GMC's n H.D.'s too!

Re: 1965 C-10 - Sleeping Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KroAutomotiveInc View Post
sweet man cant wait to see that baby all cleaned up looks like the fenders rockers and cab corners are in pretty nice shape and as for the motor my 230 has a org double pully but if you look in the truck under the dash driver side over by the vent it will have the tag telling you the motor and the hp at a set rpm for the turck.

also if that carb gives your trouble past one rebuild throw it in the trash and get a 2bbl i messed with my org one bbl rodsucker forever before deciding it was just worn out.

Thanks Kro. Debating on a rebuild, or replacement. There is the typical rust. Holes in the floor both passenger and drivers. The fender holes and the door holes have been filled with fiberglass, so not sure if we should leave it for now, or pull it to prevent further damage. I was looking at that tag, but not in detail. I'll have to look again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fenders View Post
Great father -son project...
Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfcoast66 View Post
Good looking truck......
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks Big Fenders and Gulfcoast. It is an awesome first rig for him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba327 View Post
Nice score. I hoped you would find a truck that suited you..
Now get to work on it
I am betting the heater core may be plugged up
are you keeping the 230???

Thanks Bubba, you are are local go to guy on this engine now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
I agree

Welcome to the forum

Congrats on the new truck. Without the blower motor working, you won't feel any heat in the cab. If you put your hands on both heater hoses and if they are both warm, you will have coolant running thru the heater core.

Thanks Captain. We will have to let it warm up again and check that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zane M View Post
Congrats!

Thanks Zanes Mom, we will have fun with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratexpress1369a View Post
you have that sh*t eating grin on your face ..nice find ..enjoy
Pirate, after the cold ride home, he was so jazzed, he was out in the dark and cold working on trying to fix the tail light. LOL I was totally surprised that the next morning I didn't find him bundled up in some blankets sleeping in the cab.

1960 GMC 4x4 Babe (the Blue Ox) - Build Thread
chevy_man5 is offline   Reply With Quote