View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 10:54 PM   #23
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Re: Kill Switch and Security Links...Enjoy

Talked to a guy at a cruise in a couple of weeks ago. He had a unit smaller than a pack of smokes. He took it out of the toolbox on his truck to show me and laid it on the rad support. About 2 min later he got an alert on his phone telling him "the Asset has been moved". He put it under the front seat and got another alert. He also showed me where the GPS in the unit mapped the trucks activity over a couple of days (he said it will hold quite a bit of time if he doesn't delete.) It also has a sensitivity adjustment so that if you have it on your boat and it's moored to a dock and moving around a bit, it doesn't constantly signal. He put it back in the toolbox and it alerted again. The packaging claims it needs line of sight to get a satellite signal but he claimed he's never not gotten one with it in the TB or under the seat. Costs about $100 at REI or Amazon and needs a subscription to work, about $10 a month. Just another arrow in the security quiver. BTW When I asked he said, If someone takes your truck, the system will tell you where they take it. Then you just call 911 and tell them your truck has been stolen and the address and that you are going to go get it. He said he also gives them his name and the number from his CPP. He hasn't had to use it yet but I doubt he will be alone when he picks up his truck.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote