View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 07:43 PM   #75
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: Finally starting my Longhorn 4x4 conversion

Next thing was getting the rear suspension figured out. I went out and fought off the dang wasps and cut the front spring hangers from my blazer chassis. I ended up not using the rear leaf spring hangers from the K5 blazer because the longhorn ones were an inch taller. I ended up finally being able to use some brand new leaf springs I had laying around for years. They were about an inch shorter not installed but ended up being only 1/2" shorter once installed.

My next problem was trying to mount the front hanger lower support brackets to the longhorn frame. On the K5 the frame is flat at the front spring hanger and on my longhorn it is angled, so I will have to modify them sometime. I ended up retaining the chevy D60 for now but have plans to install a dodge D80 soon.

1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote