View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 02:18 AM   #21
Project_70'

Re: LS Swap 70c10 Need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chainsaw View Post
I can tell you without a doubt that it is absolutely not true that you need a VSS sensor to avoid stalling coming to a stop. That is almost 100% IAC hold position and decay rate.

The overdrive is very nice and definitely worth it for the right price, but there aren't any tuning issues without a VSS. There are hundreds of people doing it with both stock ECU's and aftermarket. The stock ECU is a bit trickier, but not a problem with a competent tuner.
Really appreciate the feedback buddy. Here is the posting for what i am trying to get: https://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/pts/5418497820.html
Its altogether but if i have problems with the tranny and clearance problems then ill go with the th350 set up instead. and it makes since for it to be the IAC for stalling problems or things of that matter. the VSS on the other hand would be used to determine the speed on the input shaft of the transmission i am assuming? still learning these things at the moment lol also a fellow friend on the forum here says he can reprogram my PCM and make sure everything checks out good.(he has bascially same truck and set up im going with) so we'll see how things go. but there are still a few hiccups im trying to get figured out such as, speedo hookup, tach, odometer, and small things im sure ill run into. speaking of aftermarket ECU's what kind or brand are you talking about? i may look into that if they are tune-able because i plan on installing a cam later down the road. not anything too heavy though.
Project_70' is offline   Reply With Quote