View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 10:08 PM   #11
leddzepp

Re: Picked up an ‘03 1500HD

Hey Mark, it has the 4L80E trans and a 4:10 posi rear, the PO ordered it with a lot of options from what I can tell. I believe it’s the same as a 2500, made for towing with the Dana 60 rear end, but insurance is less because it’s classified as a 1500. It also has hydro boost brakes and stops better than any vehicle I’ve ever owned. The quadrasteer is an electric rack and pinion that’s integrated into the rear differential cover. It’s very similar to a front Dana 60 setup. Because the rear end is so wide the bed has to be wider to cover the tires. It looks just like a dually bed That is a DOT requirement as well as having the cab roof marker lights. I’ve done a lot of reading up on them and due to the high cost of the option ($5000 all by itself ) it didn’t sell real well. Only about 15% of the 2002-2006 rigs got it. It was standard on the Denali from what I understand. It seems GM didn’t market it too well either...the dealers were not very educated on it from the factory. Everyone that has the setup raves about it and wants GM to bring it back. Factory parts for it are no longer available but there are some aftermarket companies starting to reproduce parts due to the demand. Parallel parking is also a breeze and every Suburban driving soccer mom in America would appreciate it

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man

Last edited by leddzepp; 10-20-2020 at 10:42 PM.
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote