View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 02:11 PM   #22
bobinbc

Re: 56 Apache turn signals

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57tailgater View Post
I am a little confused by what you mean by turn indicators. The stock turn signal switch which was optional only contained the switch but also incorporated the brake lights so you didn't need separate lights in the rear. You can find these switch assemblies on the auction site. There are "indicators" which are left and right arrows on the instrument cluster face. See picture and note arrows. They are hard to see when not lit up as they are dark green. There are also holes in the back of the housing for lamp sockets. It doesn't have to be frankensteined to function and look somewhat clean.
This is a revelation for me! I've always had an accessory signal switch on the column or a tilt column in my trucks and never knew those indicators were there! Cool! My signal stat-type switch had a indicator light on it, plastic red jewel. Have to run out and look at Rolene now!

To the original poster, I meant no disrespect to you or your truck. I think the fleetside bed looks great on any year of these trucks, very nice!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cana...geChevyTrucks/
bobinbc is offline   Reply With Quote