View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 10:50 PM   #1
barry1982

2004 and up......

Good Evening Gentlemen, Just thought I would pass along a little information I wish I had a few months ago before buying a 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Z-71.
Have been driving Chevy/GM trucks since 1983. Currently own at least 10 from 67 up to 05. My 05 has low mileage. I purchased it from the original owner who is an older Gentleman. I'm having a few problems with the truck, and am slowly discovering that starting in 04 GM made the trucks a lot harder/expensive to work on. I have a couple burnt dash lights. Well, 2003 down have old style light sockets that are easy to change. 2004 up..... you have to change the whole cluster,(and get reprogrammed at GM) or try take it apart, and solder in tiny bulbs. My 05 started "bucking" a little on the drive home today. Thought it would be a good idea to change the fuel filter. Well, 2003 down have a nice stainless fuel filter mounted on the frame under cab. 2004 up, the fuel filter is part of the fuel pump/sending unit mounted inside the fuel tank! What used to be a ten minute driveway job is now "major surgery". Had I know these things a few months ago....probably would have looked for a low mileage 02 or 03.
barry1982 is offline   Reply With Quote