Thread: 'Spot'
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 05:32 PM   #14
SCOTI

Re: 'Spot'

I did not know about the upper relocators. This is only my 2nd 88-98/GMT400 body style truck that I've owned & only the 4th I've dropped..

I knew from my '90 the shocks were compromised. Even w/the lower relocation brackets, the shocks were too long w/a flip kit & shackles (just the flip kit for the heavier duty trucks have the same issue). I had bad tire cupping from that. I switched to the G-body shock & it helped as the travel was in the sweet spot.

I never measured a stock/unmodified suspensions shock angles but I agree 100% the angles are very poor when dropped.

My angle is currently 53°. I like them to have 30° or less (60 - 90° target). I'll have to look into the upper relocators. But.... Pulling & installing a bed solo is a PITA. It wore me out this weekend but the shock angles match & I got the CURT HD hitch & front air dam installed.
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 01-17-2021 at 05:57 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote