View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 09:40 AM   #5
semperfidoordie
Fix It Till It's Broke

Re: Blue Dragon II Aka "The Man Truck"

No...no title yet...hit a major bump in the road on the "almost done status." So we were going to put some lift blocks just to hold it temporarily until I could afford a good suspension lift...

Well that turned into nevermind they won't work so we're going to do exhaust..went to the local shop picked up some Cherry Bombs and were on our way cutting and hacking away at the old exhaust. We finally get her undone and decide we want to hear what it sounds like straight piped...

Go to start it and just a horrible noise comes out...so we get down and start tearing into the starter...take it off...and like half the helicoil comes out. So now to get the bolts to rethread into the block we have to dig out the rest of it....we are at it for a good 3 hours last night with no avail. So we decided to tap the whole bigger and see if that route would work...

Unscrewing the tap out of the whole everything seems good until it snaps off at like a 45 angle in the block....so now we've got the motor almost all the way pulled and are going to start on that. Plus it needed pulled anyway a tooth or two is missing off the flywheel going to replace it...do the water pump...possibly some other stuff while I'm at it...kind of a downer cause it's such a brick wall in the way of progress but I guess for some reason everything happens for a reason just a little frustrated...

Also come to find out that when the truck was in park...in 2wd the front drive line spins...BAD ju ju isn't it? Don't know what's F'd up the front diff or the t-case...any advice?
Blue Dragon: 72 K-10 SOLD!
The Tank 77 K-10 KIA

panhandler62: Just don't search for "trannys" no matter how hard yours shifts -- you just won't get what you are looking for.

I Made The Official So Cal Board Meet

Last edited by semperfidoordie; 08-20-2007 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Forgot this
semperfidoordie is offline   Reply With Quote